Thursday, April 10, 2008

Featured Artist of the day is Stephanie Estin of Curly Q Cuties




Who are you?

Stephanie Estrin

Where are you located?

Austin, TX

What do you create?

Unique Handcrafted Plush Monsters

Are you able to support yourself with your creations?

No, but my dream it to be able to!

Where do you sell your creations?

I sell my plush monsters on etsy. http://curlyqcuties.etsy.com/


Where do you create?

I use the spare bedroom in my house as my studio. I love having this space to myself. It's become my little creative haven.

What inspires you?

I get a lot of inspiration from my children. They are young and silly. I also get inspiration from the people I meet. Sometimes a characteristic of someone inspires me to create a monster with that characteristic in mind.
What are your goals?

My goal is to try to get more exposure so people can find me and my shop. Ultimately, I'd like my monsters to be the new "it" collectible ...a girl can dream big, can't she?!
What do you friends and family think of your creations?

My family and friends love my monster creations. Everyone has been very supportive of my new adventure. I get a lot of encouragement from them.




What do you do when you are not creating?

When I'm not creating, I'm taking care of my two little boys. I'm a stay at home mom and they keep me very busy during the day!