Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Laura Van Horne of LVH Designs is today's featured artist


Who are you?
Laura Van Horne, Canadian, Female, Mother, Wife, Speech Therapist, and most importantly: ARTIST
Where are you located?
Seattle, Washington
What do you create?
I create so many things. Everything I see that I like, I have to go and try to create it (paintings, jewelry, sewing, soap making, pottery, etc.). Right now my number one passion is painting. Both encaustic and acrylic paintings are what I do.
Are you able to support yourself with your creations?
Unfortunately not. I am also a Speech Therapist and mother of two (age 1 and 3).
Where do you sell your creations?
I just started selling my art (along with baby clothes and hair clips) on etsy- www.lvhdesigns.etsy.com - I also have an art show at my house once a year.
Where do you create?
Well I used to create in my art studio, which turned into my son's bedroom a few years ago. Now, unfortunately it is my dining room. My poor family is very tolerable of my messes.
What inspires you?
That is hard to answer because I feel inspired to paint or create all the time- it is just a constant. I think when I am in nature I feel 'extra' inspired. I put alot of pictures of trees/flowers in my paintings. My trip to France and Italy 4 years ago also inspired me to do a series of paintings of houses/hills/landscapes.
What are your goals?
I want to continue creating beautiful things everyday.
What do you friends and family think of your creations?
Everybody seems to like what I paint. Who knows, maybe they are just being nice.
What do you do when you are not creating?
When I am not actually creating with my hands, I am creating in my head, and storing ideas. As I mentioned previously, I have a one and three year old so that keeps me pretty busy as well. I also work part time as a speech therapist.
Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I have a big, hairy, obnoxious dog named 'go to bed'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah..."go to bed" - I love getting to learn about new artists. Thanks for sharing!