Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Racheal Miles of frenchconnect is our featured artist today


Who are you?

My name is Racheal Miles





Where are you located?

I am located in France but originally from England.





What do you create?


Anything made from recycled or new fabric, at the moment I am making ragdolls and cushion covers but I am always changing and coming up with new ideas. I have dabbled with card making, beadwork and various others but I much prefer sewing.




Are you able to support yourself with your creations?


No, not at the moment but it's something that I dream of happening in the future.






Where do you sell your creations?


I sell my creations in my etsy store http://frenchconnect.etsy.com/ , you can find me at http://www.frenchconnect.co.uk/




Where do you create?


I am lucky enough to have my very own sewing room, it doubles as a guest room when we have people to stay.





What inspires you?


Anything and everything, it just comes to me.





What are your goals?


To be able to carry on creating for as long as I have the desire to do so and to bring in a reasonable income from it.



What do your friends and family think of your creations?

When I first opened my shop they were all very surprised at what I produced, they didn't realise that I was creative but they don't really mention it anymore.



What do you do when you are not creating?


Think about my next project or improvements for current ones.



Is there anything else you would like to share with us?



I have a blog about my life in France at http://www.milesawayinfrance.co.uk/

No comments: