Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today's featured artist is Dawn Rhodes of SHADES Jewelry Designs


Who are you?
Dawn Rhodes - SHADES Jewelry Designs
Where are you located?
Shade, Ohio (southeast corner of the state, 10 minutes outside of Athens)
What do you create?
beaded jewelry
Are you able to support yourself with your creations?
No, not yet...doubt that I ever will. Afraid that if it becomes a "job" it won't be as fun!! ;-)
Where do you sell your creations?
I sell to friends, family, and a great customer base. My Etsy site is http://shadesjewelry.etsy.com/
Where do you create?
I create at home...although I have been known to be on the baseball field watching my nephews play and beading at the same time! Makes people interested in your work! Ha!
What inspires you?
I get inspiration from a lot of sources. Clothing, fabrics, nature, there is inspiration all around if you just take the time to look!
What are your goals?
To keep learning and creating beautiful jewelry for years to come. So many different styles and techniques and I want to always keep learning and incorporating new mediums in my work!
What do you friends and family think of your creations?
They love my work. They are some of my best customers and advertisers!
What do you do when you are not creating?
I like to read, love to travel and enjoy sports!
Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I donate a large portion of my sales to Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. I have had several family members affected by this terrible disease and I like being able to do my part to help out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog and a great interview! I'm doing an Etsy Artist Spring Showcase series, if you have time to stop by.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.