Sunday, March 2, 2008

Today's featured artist is Susan See

Who are you?

Susan See. A single female currently living in NM but who has lived in NJ, NY, Indiana, Colorado, Italy and traveled thru dozens of other states and who plans to move to Europe in 3-4 years.


Where are you located?

Albuquerque, New Mexico USA


What do you create?

I'm a photographer specializing in documentary/street photography, portraits and lately landscapes. I didn't use to be that much of a landscape photog but over the past 3 years I've been shooting more of this subject.


Are you able to support yourself with your creations?

No afraid not at this time but I will eventually. I currently have a M-F office job at the local daily newspaper.

Where do you sell your creations?

Pretty much just here on Etsy for the time being. http://susansee.etsy.com/ Last summer I began selling at various art/farmers markets for the first time and plan on continuing that this summer.


Where do you create?

hmmm....well if I'm understanding the question, I shoot wherever. I like to take road trips to give me new inspiration and it also teaches me a lot about the world.


What inspires you?

Oh gosh....lots of things really. My cat Curio, peeling paint on an old wooden door, crinkled dry leaves, the big eyes of a child, the pained look in a homeless person. I have been shooting since I was a kid (12 or 13) and for me the world is a rectangle thru which I compose. My family inspires me to work on my patience and compassion *lol* My friends inspire me to be a better person.


What are your goals?

To get away from the confines of an office job where I'm stuck indoors for 8+ hours 5 days a week and away from the stagnant energy that lives in such environments. I want to move to Europe and travel all the while shooting and getting paid to do so.


What do you friends and family think of your creations?

Well....my friends are very supportive, always have been. My mom and middle-brother are of the "supportive with the 'why don't you get a real job'" kind of mentality. My oldest brother is also an artist but lucked out in that he's also good with computers *lol* and so he and I are fairly close.


What do you do when you are not creating?

*shiver* gad I try not to think in those terms! *silly smile* Basically if I'm not shooting or editing images or marketing my photos I'm either at work M-F 8am-5pm or I'm asleep!


Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

hmmm...*scratching head*...well not to sound all high and mighty but just to remind people to please go out and vote this year.

Thank you for allowing me to feature you.

No comments: